Sunday, March 10, 2013

An Amazing Woman

When I think of an amazing couple I think of the Hinckleys. Sister Marjorie Hinckley was an amazing woman married to an incredible man. I want to strive to be like her. I'm all about quotes and looked some of hers up today. She is such an inspiration. I want to be more like her.

“Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” 

Its so easy to judge. So easy to be mean. So easy to gossip. Lets just stop and give people the benefit of the doubt. We all have trials I would not trade mine for yours. I was given mine because I can handle them. I don't think I could handle yours. :)

“  You had better be sure you are developing the kind of love and friendship with your husband that will be delightful and enduring. Let your children learn from your attitude that he is important. Encourage him. Be kind. It is a rough world, and he, like everyone else, is fighting to survive. Be cheerful. Don't be a whiner.”

I am the biggest whiner. Chris puts up and listens to a lot. I'm used to girls. We all just share our problems and we all get it. Men are so different. They don't do that. I'm slowly coming to terms with it. My husband never complains about anything. He never whines. He doesn't want to put any sort of stress on me. I'm still getting used to him not telling me what he is feeling and what is bothering him. He acts like nothing ever does. But life is hard. He is stressed with school and work and the recent loss of his grandpa :( oh gosh crying just thinking about it... I'm trying hard to remember that men are different. And Chris is the kind of guy that will not share his problems and stresses. Remember to ask your spouses whats going on in their lives and what you can do to help. And remember to live laugh and love!

“The trouble with the world and the trouble with you and me is that we don't love each other enough. And if we do, we don't bother to show it, or we don't bother to say it. If the world is to know love, it has to be in your heart and in mine.” 

With the recent and shocking death of Chris's grandpas this hit home. I tell and show Chris I love him. But maybe not enough. We can always do more. At the funeral Chris's grandmother hugged us and told me Chris was a good man. He then told us to love and cherish eachother. That killed me... I'm hurting so much for her loss. I can't even imagine what it would be like to lose your spouse of so many years. Losing Chris now would tear me apart. I couldn't imagine what it would be like after so many years. Its important to show those you love how much you care about them. I have so many amazing friends that I love and miss! I have not seen so many of them since I got married. I'm gonna make it a goal to see all my friends more often! You all mean so much to me. Shout out to Val, Em, Nicole, Kelly, Rachel, Callie, Jessica, Carson, Elle, Ashlee! I feel like I haven't seen you guys forever, I miss you!  My family has done so much for me. I couldn't stand to lose any of them any time soon. There are no words to describe how much my family means to me.

“People are wonderful. Each one has a story, each something to give, each knows something interesting, something that can make your life richer.” 

What a fun way to view people. So positive. So true. You can always learn something from someone or be humbled by anothers experiences.

"There are some years in our lives that we would not want to live again. But even these years will pass away, and the lessons learned will be a future blessing."

Oh how this is true! Chris reminds me of this a lot. I wish I could change a lot of things about my past. But I wouldn't be the woman I am today without them. They have made me who I am. I probably wouldn't admire and love so many things about Chris if I hadn't gone through the things I had. I love when he tells me how much he loves the person I am. Or if I become upset about past mistakes how he just hugs me and tells me I needed to go through the trials I've had or I wouldn't be the woman I am today.

https://www.lds.org/liahona/2003/10/at-home-with-the-hinckleys?lang=eng

Read this article on marriage and the hinckleys. So cute I love it. I love that Chris lets me be whoever I want. No matter what he supports me. If I want a girls night he says that will be great go have fun! If I wanna relax all day and do nothing he says good for you you deserve it! If I wanna wear short shorts to the gym he says heck ya! Haha. He never second guesses those decisions. I love that I am truly able to be myself and know I will be supported.

Welp back to studying... I love biology so much.

No comments: