Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Life is to be enjoyed not endured!

Some quotes to remind me of how wonderful life is and more importantly how amazing my life is.

“The battle for self-discipline may leave you a bit bruised and battered but always a better person. Self-discipline is a rigorous process at best; too many of us want it to be effortless and painless. Should temporary setbacks afflict us, a very significant part of our struggle for self-discipline is the determination and the courage to try again....Eternal life in the kingdom of our Father is your goal, and self-discipline will surely be required if you are to achieve it.” Thomas S. Monson

-Gosh I don't know what it is lately but I am finding myself less motivated and more negative. It is a constant effort. I cannot forget my end goal and the bigger picture. There is more to this life than myself.

“It is in the home that we form our attitudes, our deeply held beliefs. It is in the home that hope is fostered or destroyed. Our homes are to be more than sanctuaries; they should also be places where God’s Spirit can dwell, where the storm stops at the door, where love reigns and peace dwells.” Thomas S Monson.

-I constantly need to better myself. I have not been doing this. I need to prepare my home now so that when the future is here I will be ready and will not need to change the functioning of my home. I want my home to be a place of sanctuary and a place for the spirit to reside at all times.

“Whatever our calling, regardless of our fears or anxieties, let us pray and then go and do.” Thomas S. Monson.

-How simple is this? How much time does this take? A few minutes. Why is it so challenging? It shouldn't be. Prayer. So simple. So easy. So worth it.

"True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well being of one's companion." Gordon B. Hinkley

-Chris is such a good listener. He picks up on a lot. He constantly asks me if I'm okay when absolutely nothing is wrong. If he ever hears me drop anything he is always worried something has happened to me. Never once has something happened to me after he hears a noise. But for some reason he subconsciously worries for me and my well being. I want to be more like him in this aspect. I want to be like the Hinkleys. They were so cute. I'm sure they both thought this way. Constantly concerned and wanting their companion to be happy.

I found a few of these on pinterest. I'm new at it. Its so amazing. Everything is on there.


                                                

1 comment:

Joseph Rue & Jessica Rae said...

I am in a similar rut. I know what I need to do to better myself. The lack of motivation is so draining isn't it? These quotes were good jade! I needed to read them. I think it is easy to lose perspective and forget the simplicity of things we should do to keep us moving FORWARD.