Friday, January 18, 2013

Koda

I just wanted to blab on about our new little guy. I love him so much. I love his personality. He is such a spaz. Kiara and him are night and day. Kiara was seriously the best little puppy and is so behaved and proper. Koda... is a boy. He loves shredding everything. He has already thrown up 2 socks and what we think was a mouse without a head or tail. He loves playing with everything and is constantly throwing his toys all over the house. Then he will bark and run and pounce on them. He is suuuuper vocal. He is constantly making noises. Most are annoying. He has a very high pitched bark that makes you want to strangle him. He whines constantly, over everything. He is seriously like a baby. He whines forever when he is tired and then will collapse and fall asleep. He also whines when he wants food, attention, is bored and I think when his teeth hurt. He always whines in the morning for attention. He will run and jump on the bed early in the morning and will walk all over us whining and licking to wake us up to play. I definitely could not do kids right now. Thanks Koda for reminding us of this everyday!

 I have grown to love this little guy though. He was more distant to us at first. Kiara wouldn't let us out of her sight when we brought her home. He was so attached to Kiara when we brought him home though. He barely paid us any attention. Only within the last few weeks has he actually realized that we rock! And of course he has become super needy! He whines for attention constantly. If Kiara is getting attention he has to as well. He is so energetic; he is constantly playing and Kiara is tired all the time haha. She has been so good with him I cannot believe how patient she is. I don't know what we'd do with out her. She is seriously our little baby sitter. I love how crazy he is. I wish I had videos of him spazing out randomly with his toys. He just loves to play. We have been off leash training him in our little culdesac thing. He never wants to stray too far from us though or Kiara. Kiara we never could try that with, she was so curious and very stubborn! We haven't tried anything near the road but he has definitely been good at chris's parents area and ours!

Things I want to remember about puppy Koda:
-today when he ripped chris's name tag off his chest then ran outside and made chris run after him haha he was so mad. Chris grabbed his scruff and said no then he ran inside to me and sat in my lap before Chris came back in.
-how big his mouth gets when he is panting
-how he falls over when he is cleaning himself
-how he throws and pounces on all his toys and bones
-that one time he pounced on Kiara from two stairs up.. and knocked her down at 10 weeks
-how he cannot howl (sounds more like a long growl)
-how he constantly attacks Kiaras tail and legs
-what a wuss he is in new situations (he just stays in between out legs) compared to how tough he acts at home
-how cuddly he has gotten with us
-how he always cuddles up to Kiara
-how Kiara will clean his face
-how good he was on the trip down to cali
-the way he sleeps he is always sprawled out
-how dirty he always gets because he jumps and rolls in stuff constantly
-how his paws are almost the size of kiaras at 15 weeks
-how much worse he teethes and therefore wants to chew on everything he can find
-how much his markings have changed already
-I don't know if that dark spot will stay on his tail but I love it
-how he weighs 22 lbs at 15 weeks! 13 more lbs and he is caught up to Kiara already!
-how much this boy eats! We will cut it down in a couple months if he doesn't slow down but we go through triple the dog food we did before we got Kiara. She eats like a cup and a half a day if that. (Fact: huskies only need a cup and a half when they are full grown but 3-5 cups when they are puppies)
-how he loathes being held and will scream at you if you don't put him down
-how clumsy he is.. he runs into everything
-how he freaks out like my little penny when treats are brought out (I miss her.. I love that he acts the same way. Brain turns off and all he can think about is what you are holding.)
-how he randomly growls and runs around the house
-how he will randomly hump the air

Poor thing. First night home. He was filthy!

My husbands a babe

Haha little gremlin

Snuggled up to keep him warm :)


The first night home Kiaras Mommy instincts took in and she snuggled up to him to keep him warm after the bath



Koda panting :D





He is literally panting I love how wide his mouth is

The first night we brought him home

He adores her








Compare and contrast: How Koda sleeps

How Kiara sleeps. I love her little ball

I love when they cuddle!
Well that's my boy! Our nick names for him are: Koda bear, bubba, gremlin (his first bath he looked like a gremlin to me) bud and little bear. He is definitely more difficult than Kiara. Though I hear the 2nd "child" usually is. We love him and are so happy to have him in our family! I just love his markings he is so gorgeous! We get complimented on them every time we go out of the house! They are gorgeous dogs! I cannot believe we have them. I seriously don't know what I'd do without them they are so fun and def part of the family. They are good dogs. I cannot believe we will have these two when we have kids. I'm excited to see how they will act with a baby. Kiara was just so sweet when we brought Koda home. They have been very socialized with Chris's 4 year old brother Josh who LOVES them haha. Kiara sprints when she hears Josh rolling down the tile on his lightening McQueen buggy thing. She is very patient though :)

No comments: