Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thanksgiving

Well its coming up. Everyone is posting everything they are thankful for (no matter how stupid) on instagram and fb. Thank you world for telling us how thankful you are for something you are not thankful for the rest of the year. But there is one thing I want to remember forever and that reminds me of why I am so thankful for my Husband. It is so Chris and is the epitome of why I married him.

Background. Chris hates my shoes. I have a million of them and I wear 5 pairs. 3 more have been added to this list of the shoes I wear since it is now boot season! Anyway. When we got married and we were moving all my stuff this was the one thing he never understood. Why the heck do you have so many? I have never even seen you wear these. He'd make funny jokes (weren't really funny) about where to put all my shoes and I am never allowed to buy shoes again and how I could shoe all the orphans in South America and bla de bla. That was the first couple months we were married. I never made a big deal out of it because lets face it I have a million shoes that I do not wear (But could one day for such-and-such occasion lol.) He hasn't made any comments about my shoes forever. And guess what I didn't notice. Surprise Jade didn't notice something. I really do not pay attention to things. I'm glad Chris does or we would be doomed. A few weeks ago after Kiara had her chocolate eating incident where she went insane while we were gone. (See a previous post.) During which she ruined one of my favorite pairs of shoes. White flats with a cute bow. Probably from payless. I was balling that night and not even over the shoes. I thought Kiara would die, she ruined my surprise for Chris, I had a long day and now had to clean up our now covered in rainbow colored pipe cleaners, she ruined the library book Chris was reading and how do we fix that?! A million reasons. The shoes were a bummer but not that big of a deal.

Well yesterday I was feeling extra emotional and had had a long day at work and just wanted to hear my husband tell me how much he loved me. Chris was being sweet and telling me he loved me and how amazing he thinks I am. (Oh stooooop.) Then he said something that blew me away. He got a little teary eyed and said, "Do you remember that day Kiara chewed up your shoes and you were so upset she ruined my surprise? I felt so bad that she did that to you. I just wanted to hold you. The next day I spent a couple hours on the internet searching for those white shoes! I looked everywhere. There were tons of white shoes with bows but they were all dumb and had big bows and were not your style at all. None of them looked like your shoes at all. I couldn't find them anywhere. Why wouldn't they be on the Soda website? I tried so hard to find you those shoes and never could. I wish I had." I started balling. How cheesy is that? That small statement meant the world to me. He knew how much I liked those shoes even though my only statement about them that night was, "And she shredded my shoes!" He always puts me first. He hates shopping with a passion and spent so much time looking for girl shoes! He must really love me. It just made me so happy imagining him searching for dumb girl shoes online, just for me, his wifey.

Tillys was supposed to open up in Sandy the 2nd week of November. We drove by the shopping center one day and I freaked! I saw a Tillys sign and seriously freaked. Tillys has been my favorite store since I was little. One finally opened up in layton a year or 2 ago but I never went because it was so far. Now it is going to be 10 min away! There was no opening date or anything. The only reason I knew it was going to open around the 2nd week of November is because I called the Layton store and they told me it would be around that time. Tuesday we were out running errands and Chris said about 5x we should check to see if Tillys opened up. (Taking this man shopping is like twisting his ear off, at the dentist, surrounded by man-eating tigers.) I finally said okay. I really doubted it would be open already. GUESS WHAT?! It was! It had opened that day! I was soooo excited! Chris and I ran in and he let me ooooh and aaaah over all the clothes. He was so patient and didn't try to rush me whatsoever. We even got 20% off coupons for being one of the first 100 customers. Why would he even think about going to check if Tillys was open? Because my friends he loves me more than he hates shopping.

Big Thanks to my amazing husband! I love you! It has been the best and most trying 10 months of my life! And I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Thank you for:
Understanding me
Supporting me
Encouraging me to be myself
Not protesting when I go out with my friends or doing what I want
Telling me I need to just relax and we can clean the house later
Wanting me to be happy
Watching my stupid shows with me
Understanding my need for shoes and clothes I do not wear
Loving our dog as much as I do and loving animals as much as me
Always trying to make me laugh
Being patient when I am a butt head
Doing laundry and cleaning
Encouraging me to follow my dreams
Helping me with school
Loving me
Writing out lists of our expenses so I don't freak out about money
Doing everything I ask no matter how dumb
For building our dog house
For being a strong priesthood holder in our home
For tickling me to sleep when I am too tired to sleep
For rubbing my legs when they are restless
Being an example to the boys you teach and for fulfilling your calling honorably
Making me feel loved
Being able to trust you 100%
For understanding my past mistakes without hesitation, loving me more for overcoming them and knowing it made me who I am today
Trying to understand why I pay to get my hair colored every 6 weeks even though you don't see why I feel like my roots are 10 inches long
Studying so hard in school and providing a stable future for our family
Never giving up on me
Sending me texts that tell me you love me even though you hate texting
Playing games with me
Keeping me informed with world events
Trying

 I could probably go on and on. But I love my husband. I love our dog. I love the gospel. I love our life.  
First Family Photo

I love this picture. Kiara looks drugged

St George Couple Weekend Getaway


I found a picture of my shoes online :) RIP shoes

No comments: