Saturday, October 15, 2011

I'M ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As of 10/10/11!! He is the most Romantic Man ever!!!! He made the proposal so amazing and it was even better than I could have ever dreamed of! Below are pictures of each step of the proposal. I came home to that first picture. I had no idea he was proposing! 2 weeks prior he told me he wanted to take me ring shopping in 2 weeks... little did I know he had already bought my dream ring! Then a few days prior to the proposal we decided Wednesday would be the perfect day for us to go shopping because he didn't work. He told me he had to work Monday night so we wouldn't be able to go then. What a little sneak! I learned afterward that he and my best friend/roomy Val had been ring shopping which makes sense cuz she kept asking me ring questions and she was so sneaky about it I had no idea! He also snatched my laptop and looked at Rings I had bookmarked while I was at a Nursing Clinical!!! Haha he is seriously so good at surprises!

I came home to this at my door and the note on my door was for a scavenger hunt. He told me I had to take pictures each step of the way. My first clue was to go to the place where we first saw eachother. Which was the church I met him in after sacrament meeting.

At the church I found this outside. I opened the letter and he said, "I am almost positive that that Sunday was the day that I would knew I wanted to marry you! I am positive that since that day I wanted to work as hard as I could to have you." After wiping away a few tears I read the next part of the clue, "Your next clue is up the street from your house. You love this place. We go here to "work things out." Ask for the clue at the front desk." And of course I knew right away it was Golds Gym!

At Gold I got this and inside was a green christmas ornament. I remember thinking, "Aw cute maybe this can be Chris and I's first xmas ornament!" I opened the note that was around the ornament and it said, "We love this place! I have so much fun with you. I love how active you are and the more I saw what you love the more I fell in love with you! Break this for your next clue!" Haha oh well? There will be other ornaments!

I stepped on it twice in the parking lot to no avail. I had to jump on it to break it! That sucker was strong!

Inside was a puzzle that said, "Go to the place where we had our first date and ask for your next clue at the front desk."

At first I was like... Is it Texas Roadhouse or the bowling alley we went and played at afterward?? But it was Texas.

I got this at the front desk. Inside the note said, "You've come so far! And so have we. And I am excited to go even farther and take our love to new heights, a place with no limits, and a life we can share forever. I will always remember our first date. You changed my life." By this point I was toying with the idea that he was going to propose but in the back of my mind I kept thinking we are going ring shopping Wednesday though?! And chris is very romantic I could see him doing this for a dinner date haha :)

The actual clue was me decoding the page, row and word numbers he gave me. It didn't take super long and was super cute and creative. I introduced him to the Hunger Games! The clue said, "Lover boy says, first kiss sweetheart." Our first kiss was at my doorstep and was very romantic. He waited 2.5 weeks to kiss me. That night we had said good night at my doorstep and he left. I went upstairs and started getting ready for bed. I brushed my teethe and changed into my pajamas. My roomy kelly came upstairs sneakily and whispered, "Jade... someones at the door for you." I freaked and said, "WHAT?! Who??" And she just goes, "Someone." And then raised her eyebrows up and down. I was like, "WHAT?? Who?? I have my retainer in!!" She started laughing and told me it was Chris. I was so confused I thought he forgot something. I through on a sweatshirt, took out the retainer, and checked myself in the mirror. Then ran downstairs and he walked in more as soon as I came downstairs asking what he was doing here. He said, "I forgot something." Then leaned in and kissed me. I was so confused and surprised. I started laughing and so did he. And then we said good night and he left. It was super sweet and so unexpected. He never ceases to surprise me. :)

This was on my door when I got there. At first I was like What?! He wants me to follow this map??! Haha. But he told me to type in the coordinates at the bottom of the page into google maps on my phone and go there. He also told me to grab a jacket.

The whole time driving there I was scared I would go to the wrong place!!!


I pulled in to Battlecreek Falls and saw his Dads car in the parking lot. I walked all around the park but didn't see him. So I decided to text him to make sure I had the right place! I texted him and said I'm at battlecreek falls? And he said, "No, No. I'm at the falls you are at the trailhead!!!"


So I started hiking. It was gorgeous! Luckily I was wearing sneakers! The hike was a little under a mile so it wasn't a little hike! And it was steep!

I still enjoyed it. As I got closer to the top I could see above the falls but didn't see anyone up there. I had never gone past the falls but knew that you could so I was worried he was even farther up!

I got up to the top of the Falls and found lit candles surrounding a clay sign he had made that said, Jade Marry Me? I looked around and still didn't see him but saw a ring in the sign at the bottom. I was shocked and touched it but it looked like it was in there. Then Chris came out from behind the rocks and got down on one knee and took out the ring and asked, "Jade will you marry me?"

I was so happy and just grinning soooo big! I said Yes!

And he put my ring on me! It is soooooo gorgeous! Everything was so perfect and the view was to die for!

Hikers that had passed him and knew what he was going to do came down and were able to take the pictures!! We were so happy they did!

I am one lucky girl! Everything was so perfect!

He is so perfect for me :)

The first kiss as an engaged couple!!!

My beautiful ring! It is perfect and everything I have ever wanted!

He did such a good job picking it out and worked so hard finding it. He told me as soon as he saw it he knew it was my ring. And he is so right. I wouldn't change a thing!!!






The Soon To Be
Jade Ashley Hill

3 comments:

Haley said...

congrats girl!!! so happy for you, you deserve the best!!!

Jade Hill said...

Thanks missy :) I love you!!

Chad and Nicole said...

I love it, I love it, I love it!!!! Congratulations!!! You two are going to be so cute and happy together!!!