Tuesday, May 15, 2012

We've been busy!

I just realized Chris and I have hardly taken any photos since our honeymoon! I will post the few that we do have though. New goal: take pictures of our life so we can remember all the fun things we do!

So after 5 months of renting our cute cheap little apartment we have decided to move! I will miss it for the most part. I will not miss our noisy swamp cooler, the heat in our backroom, our smelly dishwasher, walking up our 3 flights of stairs, the sliding glass door that is our front door, or lugging laundry across the street. The last 2 were the worst. But it is an amazing price for how much space we get. It also had a bunch of other pros that the other places we looked at did not. We have been looking for townhouses and other houses to rent for the last month and finally found one last week! It is a townhouse and the family is moving out next week! It is so cute! It has a nice backyard, a bigger kitchen, nice big open living room, a nice washer and dryer that we bought from the previous owner for only $200, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Right across the street is Union Park. It is this huge park with 4 baseball fields and a sidewalk that goes all the way around it. Perfect for walking and bike riding! Another pro? They mow the lawn and backyard for us! I can't believe we are moving. We have quite a bit to do! I am super stoked we got a good deal on this place. We are meeting with the landlord on Friday to go over the application and do the credit and background checks.

One of the main reasons we are moving is due to the fact that we have been wanting a doggy! And I refuse to have a dog in an apartment its so not worth it. So 2 days after finding our townhouse we started looking up dogs on KSL and researching which breed we should get. My top 2 dogs I've always wanted is a Husky and German Shepherd. After a lot of reading and thinking we decided on a husky. We found 5 super cute huskies in Leamington, Utah. Yes you read that right, there is a city in Utah called Leamington! We were visiting his family for Mothers Day in Orem and found these huskies in good ol' Leamington. I had never even heard of this place and Chris said it was only 30 minutes from Orem. Ha. Last time I listen to Chris's estimates. It was an hour and a half away! It was waaaaay West of Nephi. Ridiculous. But luckily worth it! The parents are incredible. The mom is this gorgeous white husky with ice blue eyes. She is amazing with the kids and cats and was very well behaved. The dad was also unbelievable. He is a red husky and sooo furry. He had one blue eye and one brown eye. He had the same temperament as mom and both won us over. I seriously could not decide between 3of the puppies. One was a red male with blue eyes, the other a black male with blue eyes and both had incredible masks! The black one kept howling at us and climbing into our laps. The last one was the one we decided on! She was the only female and she is white and tan with bright blue eyes. She is so gorgeous! The breeders think she will end up having a light red/tan mask on her face. I could only see a white streak on her face, but she is sooo cute.She will have a coat more like her mom (short haired.) We do not get her for another 2 weeks though! I have decided I am very impatient, its only been 3 days. I want her now!!! We started thinking up names so the breeders could start calling her by it. I think we have settled on Kiara for now. It means "warrior girl" in eskimo. The other 2 we love is Ryka and Nikita (unconquerable). Its hard since we don't have her and cant see her little personality. We have already bought her a bed and some doggy toys. We also bought her a little hot pink collar. I've also been researching dog food and have found a few that will work. Its amazing all the crap they put in dog food these days. Dogs cannot digest corn or wheat!! Keep it out of their food.

Chris and I started school again. He is taking this intense 6 week physics course in which he has to go to class 5 days a week and has homework every night and a test every Friday. On top of that he is taking a exercise science class bla. I'm taking pathophysiology and english 2010. I'm so sick of school I just want a break. I don't think I will ever get one though. Next sememster I have to take english 1010, biology 1610 (cuz slcc is dumb and their nursing program requires a diff type of bio), creative arts, humanities and maybe a history class. Aaaah. I hope I get into WSU or SLCC's nursing program in Spring 2013. Then 2 semesters and I'm an RN!

I am currently working at 2 care/rehab centers as an LPN. I am starting to like it. It is crazy hard work. I miss my hospital environment. Its what I have known for 2 years so its a hard adjustment. I never thought I would work in a care center. But I have to admit I have grown a soft spot for the elderly. They are just so funny and so amazing. Most of them have done so much in their lives. Even the grumpy ones crack me up. Chris is loving his job still. He is at TOSH and just loves it. He got his hours switched so he only works one full graveyard a week and 3-11pm a couple other nights. Yay! I was so sick of the 3 in a row graveyards I felt like I was never seeing my husband! He'd be gone at night and sleep the whole day. Lame. Its only the first week on the new schedule and I love it!

Well I think that is all for my little update. I don't think I have posted wedding pics up on here. I gotta upload those one day. Pictures take so long to upload on this thing!

Our Apartment






Valentines Day at Outback

The Avengers!



At Mikell and Spencers Wedding


Hunger Games

My Katniss Outfit! (notice chris's cool hunger games sweat band and our pins)

Haha chris borrowing my sunglasses!

Ma New Herrrr! I chopped off 4-5 inches!

Our new little puppy!

She looks like a polar bear :)

Shes so tiny!

Aw Kiara :D



1 comment:

Chad and Nicole said...

So happy for you guys on the new townhouse!! Your puppy is adorable! Miss seeing you!