Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Migrating Back to B-Town

I am still waiting to hear back from the DATC to see if I got into their LPN program. I've been looking for a new medical job in the salt lake and farmington area (and everything in between) and haven't had much luck yet. I decided once school is out April 29th that I will be moving back up to Bountiful to live with my best friend Kiersten and her husband. Her grandparents just left on a mission and they are living in their huge mansion! It will be fun living with her, we'll get to go to the gym together! Man I can't wait to do Body Combat again.. it has been forever.

Im moving for a few different reasons:

1. I plan on applying to Weber State Universities Nursing program till I get in (or DATC which is connected with them and getting my LPN then transferring to WSU)
2. Eric works in SLC and is moving back home to centerville to save money. Since he has a good job in salt lake and if things continue progressing with us that will probably be the area we stay in.
3. If I don't get into WSU or DATC for Fall 2010 im going to go to Salt Lake Community College and work on getting generals done for a Bachelors in Science of Nursing. I love SLCC its easier, and cheaper! I've talked to a lot of Nurse Practitioners and they have all told me to get my Bachelors. IHC won't even higher RN's if they don't have a bachelors. The way the economy is going it would be a much safer bet.

 I absolutely love my job at the urgent care right now (im also getting really good at drawing blood!) It will be hard to leave so hopefully I find a job just as good if not better! Its also going to be hard to leave Provo. I have really loved Provo and have made some amazing life-long friends here! I definitely know that Provo was the right move for me I wish I had done it sooner. Live and Learn...! Or maybe just listen to your parents? Bahaha. I seriously have the greatest parents in the whole wide world! I don't know how I got so lucky. I just wish I had been smart enough to listen to what they had to say and wish I wouldn't have been such a bratty teenager. Im not sure what it is about being young... why do we have to figure things out the hard way? I don't think I'll ever know that answer. All I know is Im grateful for the wonderful example they have been in my life, and im crossing my fingers that my little sister will be smarter than I was listen to them and me! Im sure she will, she is such a good girl and such a sweetheart :)

Thats all she wrote.

2 comments:

H said...

Ah I didn't know you had a blog! I am so so glad you found me so I can keep up to date with you on here :) I am excited to go through and read it and see all your fun adventures with your cute boy! I love you gil and we must must must play soon!!!

Jade Hill said...

I know blogging is the best!! I love your blog and your engagements they are so beautiful just like you!! You and Brad make such a good couple. I have yet to meet him yet though! That needs to change pronto. I ran into Kameron the other day at UVU haha we need to get together in May and go out to lunch or somethin!